Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Anti-doping Regulations for World Cup

You know you've made it when you have to worry about that

Here are some of the "highlights" of the anti-doping regulations in place for the World Cup, courtesy our team manager:

HIGHLIGHTS:
  1. No inhalers or cortisone creams are permitted without having an exemption form.
  2. You can not use cold medicine with out getting it cleared by Dr. Bartoli (our US team doctor)
  3. If you are taking protein or recovery supplements, you MUST contact the company that makes it and get from the IN WRITING the fact hat it has been tested in an independent lab and will pass any USOC drug test for banned substances.
Also, there is the original 100+ page official document that outlines anything and everything anti-doping.  Wow.  Not sure if I should skim it to see if the genetically modified tomato that I ate today will show up.  I'll probably take my chances.

But in all seriousness, I called the corporate offices for Endurox (a recovery powder) and Muscle Milk, just to be on the safe side.  The company that makes Endurox knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me an email version and a hard copy (along with some samples!).  The woman I spoke with for Muscle Milk had no idea what I was talking about, but will get back to me. 

All in all, I have to admit that it was pretty cool to say that I'm a high-level athlete competing internationally and have to comply with USOC (US Olympic Committee) regulations.  I felt a bit like a big shot :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

are they gonna have random blood tests?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home