Chula Vista Camp Announced
Last week, there was some activity in the Eagles community because after the UK tour, Kathy opened up the Chula Vista camp to the players who went to the UK (it was originally intended as a developmental camp only). Naturally, everyone wanted to go (or felt as they should go). Personally, I struggled with this a lot because I used up all my vacation days for the UK tour. As a pool player, you hate to miss a camp because it's one less time for the coaches to see you and another opportunity for someone else to take your spot. After talking to my boss at work, it became clear that I should save my wrangling for taking time for World Cup if I make it. Of course, this is less than desirable but I spoke with some of my other team members and to Shouse (one of the WNT managers) to get their feedback. I let the coaches and the managers know that I won't be able to make it because of work and I'll have to live with it.

It's especially sad because the camp is being held at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA (near San Diego,) and it is GORGEOUS and they have GREAT FOOD there. Plus, you just feel cool because there are Olympic athletes training and eating near you. I went last year in January and it was amazing (except for the shuttle run during the mandatory fitness testing).
This is a picture of the track - isn't it beautiful? If I have to do shuttle run testing, I would want it to be there, in paradise.
They announced the lineup for Chula Vista (see www.womeneagles.com for attendee list) and I'm not on it because I can't go. I can't help feeling like I'm missing the boat in a way.
In the meantime, a few of the Eagle NY players are nursing injuries from the UK tour while trying to prepare for the Chula Vista camp. Some other NY players and Eagles were off in LA for the 7s tournament that happened at the Home Depot center (saw some good pictures on DropKick Photos through http://saturdayrugbyday.blogspot.com)
Last week, there was some activity in the Eagles community because after the UK tour, Kathy opened up the Chula Vista camp to the players who went to the UK (it was originally intended as a developmental camp only). Naturally, everyone wanted to go (or felt as they should go). Personally, I struggled with this a lot because I used up all my vacation days for the UK tour. As a pool player, you hate to miss a camp because it's one less time for the coaches to see you and another opportunity for someone else to take your spot. After talking to my boss at work, it became clear that I should save my wrangling for taking time for World Cup if I make it. Of course, this is less than desirable but I spoke with some of my other team members and to Shouse (one of the WNT managers) to get their feedback. I let the coaches and the managers know that I won't be able to make it because of work and I'll have to live with it.

It's especially sad because the camp is being held at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA (near San Diego,) and it is GORGEOUS and they have GREAT FOOD there. Plus, you just feel cool because there are Olympic athletes training and eating near you. I went last year in January and it was amazing (except for the shuttle run during the mandatory fitness testing).
This is a picture of the track - isn't it beautiful? If I have to do shuttle run testing, I would want it to be there, in paradise.They announced the lineup for Chula Vista (see www.womeneagles.com for attendee list) and I'm not on it because I can't go. I can't help feeling like I'm missing the boat in a way.
In the meantime, a few of the Eagle NY players are nursing injuries from the UK tour while trying to prepare for the Chula Vista camp. Some other NY players and Eagles were off in LA for the 7s tournament that happened at the Home Depot center (saw some good pictures on DropKick Photos through http://saturdayrugbyday.blogspot.com)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home