My Current Weekly Training Schedule
Ok, so after some back and forth regarding the purpose of this blog I have resolved to try to post content once a week (most likely Sunday night). It obviously won't be as exciting as the trip to the UK, but it will give an account of what it's like to train while trying to maintain a regular job and how rugby becomes such a key part of your life.
To briefly describe my weekly schedule -
I work everyday from 8:30 - 6ish and then after work, I train either by myself at the gym or with my NYRC teammates...here's the breakdown:
Monday - a group of us train at Velocity (a speed school) in the city. We used to go to Parisi (another speed school), but it was in NJ and too far away.
Tuesday - currently I go to the gym, usually to do a 4 mile interval run (we start outdoor practices at the end of March)
Wed - a group of us from NYRC (and a few from the other NY team, the Villiage Lions) meet at Pier 40 in NYC in a miniature indoor soccer turf to train with Chris. He is awesome. We do plyos, speed, agility, core, and our recent favorite game from tour - Tigerball!
Thurs - indoor NYRC practice at a gym on 25th and 1st ave
Fri - work out on my own; there's a serious boxing class at the gym that I try to catch
Sat - we work out with Chris again at McCarren park in brooklyn (right by my house!). this session is outdoors and we are all bundled up for the cold NY winter weather.
Sun - rest day, but I like to go to a yoga class at 6:30pm
So now that you have my schedule, the coming weeks will have more detail about what we're doing during our sessions and some of the other stuff that comes up (including National Team stuff).
Ok, so after some back and forth regarding the purpose of this blog I have resolved to try to post content once a week (most likely Sunday night). It obviously won't be as exciting as the trip to the UK, but it will give an account of what it's like to train while trying to maintain a regular job and how rugby becomes such a key part of your life.
To briefly describe my weekly schedule -
I work everyday from 8:30 - 6ish and then after work, I train either by myself at the gym or with my NYRC teammates...here's the breakdown:
Monday - a group of us train at Velocity (a speed school) in the city. We used to go to Parisi (another speed school), but it was in NJ and too far away.
Tuesday - currently I go to the gym, usually to do a 4 mile interval run (we start outdoor practices at the end of March)
Wed - a group of us from NYRC (and a few from the other NY team, the Villiage Lions) meet at Pier 40 in NYC in a miniature indoor soccer turf to train with Chris. He is awesome. We do plyos, speed, agility, core, and our recent favorite game from tour - Tigerball!
Thurs - indoor NYRC practice at a gym on 25th and 1st ave
Fri - work out on my own; there's a serious boxing class at the gym that I try to catch
Sat - we work out with Chris again at McCarren park in brooklyn (right by my house!). this session is outdoors and we are all bundled up for the cold NY winter weather.
Sun - rest day, but I like to go to a yoga class at 6:30pm
So now that you have my schedule, the coming weeks will have more detail about what we're doing during our sessions and some of the other stuff that comes up (including National Team stuff).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home