Monday, January 30, 2006

Day 14

This is the last day of the trip and the long road home. Not too many hangovers or scandals and everyone made it to the bus on time. Most of us sleep on the bus ride to the airport and go into auto-pilot getting our bags off the bus, onto carts and through the check-in, passport check, security and we got some food. We got to sit for about 40 minutes before walking to the gate. I looked around for rugby souvenirs at the airport, but there weren’t any and I was a little disappointed because I wanted something from England. After my brie, cucumber and tomato baguette and a cup of tea we go to the gate and board the plane. We take off and I fall asleep immediately and wake up briefly to read the Jonny Wilkinson book that Hedwig bought, and went back to sleep. I think I slept 5-6 hours of the 7 hour flight. It was quite nice, especially because I didn’t bring anything exciting to read. We wake up in Newark and get our bags from baggage claim and say our goodbyes. It’s a bit anti-climactic after all this time we spent together. I don’t know how else it could end, but going our separate ways is a bit sad after the whole experience. Some people will wait for their flight that is later in the day and for the 8 of us who live in NY, we have returned home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home