Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 4 - R&R, MOA

Today was a rest day for the team. We're all feeling relatively ok and probably could have handled another session today, but the coaches are really good about not working us to death. They understand how important it is to give our bodies and minds a rest. We still met for breakfast in the same side room; Tina and I made it there at 8:59am, trying to squeeze in as much sleep as possible. Most of us took the time to just hang out in our rooms, check email, read or chat with each other.

A small group went to the pool to do a light recovery swim and then another group (including Tina and I) went to see Talladega Nights at the theather in the Mall of America (MOA) at 1:50pm. We took the noon shuttle over to the MOA and did some quick shopping. Hedwig bought a USA trucker hat and I bought bandaids for a cut on my arm and some shampoo and toothpaste for Ellie.

The MOA is crazy. For those of you who haven't been there, it has a bunch of amusement park rides in the middle of it and it's just enormous. I imagine that this place is the perfect oasis for Minnesotans in the middle of their long winter.

It's nice to have some time to unwind and take it easy. A few of us have been having random headaches, which might be from being dehydrated or maybe from the recycled hotel air. I had one this morning and have been feeling a bit sluggish, so it's good that we had this day off!

Now we're off to Major's for dinner (seems like I go to Major's everytime I come to Minnesota). We got some cool spandex shirts for this tour that we'll be wearing tonight. I usually get teased because I like training in spandex, but objectively I think we look good in them and they contribute to our running mantra that we'll be the hottest team in Edmonton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home